Monday, November 15, 2010

2010 Yunnan Golden Bud

This is another wonderful tea Gingko so graciously let me sample! Thank you.

The dry leaves are so stunning. I never thought they could be such a golden color. The aroma from these lovely dry leaves is a sort of dry bitterness.

While brewing this tea a lovely smell of sweetness came up with the steam swirling from the brewing vessel. I always enjoy watching steam come up from the tea and swirl around in the air.


The dark ruby brew lead to a perfectly balanced bitterness and sweetness. It was such a smooth flavor. I literally sipped this tea all day. Though it did get weaker overtime it remained balanced the entire time. I could drink this tea all day. It is a wonderful way to start the ever busy day. Sorry for the short post, I am busy packing and getting ready to leave for Florida in the morning.


2 comments:

  1. I just had this tea yesterday, and I agree. It is by far one of the smoothest teas I have ever encountered! The velvet texture and the sweet, honey like notes balance the light bitterness and astringency perfectly! It is one of the most well balanced teas I have tasted yet!
    It is a true gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a gem! I am glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as I did. It's always great to have someone to compare notes with.

    ReplyDelete